This year is best described as OVERWHELMING. In the good ways! But also in the very exhausting ways.
- Had interviews with JetPens and HoustonPress
- Talked with girls so they could get their Comic Artist Girl Scouts badge with Jessi
- Got a Daily Deviation on my business card design
- MANGA STUDIO 5 CAME INTO MY LIFE
- Went from about 300ish followers to just about hitting 1000 on Tumblr this year
- Sold at my first con outside of Texas!
- Built a relationship with a WONDERFUL printer, Catprint
- Had an amazing time selling at an Adventure Time gallery show
- Made a con banner (which I need to replace because of Kara’s new design)
- Changed my Username everywhere to JamieKinosian
- Rammy came over for a week!
- Met Bruce Boxleitner (Tron)
- Met Dee Bradley Baker (The Voice of Viewtiful Joe)
- Adopted a wonderful pet Leopard Gecko, Legate Vincent
- Maintained plants successfully
- Got a 3DS and a WiiU
- Saw Anamanaguchi
- Went to Video Games Live (fourth year)
Entertainment of this year:
Final Fantasy 9 (Replay)
Star Trek: TNG and DS9
Marathoned all Star Trek movies 1-10
Started Mass Effect
It has bugged me that I’m a bit of an astronomy/space nerd but never found myself into SciFi. The thing is I think SciFi, like Fantasy, so often easily goes into epic stories that comes across as a bit stoic and that’s not really my tastes. And also often end up large stories which are a bit intimidating for me. But I finally got over the hump and started watching Star Trek. I made it through TNG and DS9. The Next Generation was cute and fun, but Deep Space 9 really moved me with the character dynamics. Now I’m taking a bit of a break from Star Trek and playing Mass Effect. Like Star Trek I’ve been wanting to play it but was super intimidated by the amount of it.
I also got into plays this year. I went to my first play, Sherlock Holmes and the Adventure of the Suicide Club, with my best friends Jessi and Sasha. I enjoyed it so much that Jessi got me tickets for my birthday to see The Hollow. Which was also brilliant. Just between the two shows I found myself attached to the actors. They’re surprisingly inexpensive and so intimate. It’s a feeling I could get addicted to.
This year’s goals aren’t really that solid. I don’t like to make them too much so anyway.
- Finish the Face the Music pitch pages
- Continue to develop Gods in New York (gonna make a Patreon for posts about it!)
- IMPROVE ART but really that’s a given. Master damn backgrounds and start doing comics
- Make sure I can keep on top of everything and not get too overwhelmed
HAPPY NEW YEAR!